[ESPRESSO_EVENTS_TABLE_TEMPLATE table_search=false category_slug=PSM category_filter=false limit=5]
Professional Scrum Master (PSM) is a 2-day course that covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework, the Scrum process and the role of the Scrum Master.
The Professional Scrum Master class introduces the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework. These are foundational insights upon which the rules and roles of Scrum are explored and discussed.
The focus on the Scrum Master role includes a mindset for servant-leadership and behavioral shifts, working with people and teams.
Scrum.org maintains the defined curriculum and materials to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum framework: roles, rules and artifacts
- Done and Undone
- Product Delivery with Scrum
- People and Teams
- The Scrum Master
Students are challenged to think in terms of Scrum and the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and their coherence from the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
- Students can effectively start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway.
The training may be interesting to all involved in software development using the Scrum framework, but has been specifically conceived for those responsible within an organization for running or introducing Scrum.
The class targets the people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
Students work in teams. They learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (recommended)
- Have an understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through having taken part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course
- Have passed the Scrum Open assessment (Free)
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum
Assessment and certification:
- The Professional Scrum Master course the associated credential: Professional Scrum Master level I (PSM I)
- All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course receive a password to take the PSM I assessment and are entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment.
- These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains a public list with everyone holding a PSM I and PSM II credential.
Trainer: Mads Troels Hansen
Professional Scrum Trainer & Agile Coach
Mads is a certified Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) with Scrum.org and is one of the most experienced people in Denmark implementing and working with Scrum, Kanban and Agile practices. Mads has more than 20 years of experience working with Agile from many Danish and international companies and as Head of Development/CTO he has implemented Scrum in many different companies with departments in Denmark, Eastern Europe and Asia. He has more than 15 years of practical experience in leading teams and departments to be more Agile and create more results with more motivated employees.
Mads is certified Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) ved Scrum.org, Certified Facilitator, Certified Coach and "Training from the Back of the Room" Certified Trainer. He is using techniques and principles from "Training from the Back of the Room" in all his courses and workshops to maximize value for the participants.
Certified NLP Coach
Certified Business Facilitator
Expand Certified Coach
Certified SAFe Agilist